Maruti Suzuki’s WagonR topped the sales chart in the month of June 2022 as 19,190 units were sold against 19,447 units during the same period last year with a negative sales growth of 1 percent. The Swift compact hatch was the second best-selling hatchback in the country last month. It achieved total sales of 16,213 units as against 17,727 units in June 2021, registering a year-on-year decline of 9 per cent. Baleno stood third in 2021 with 16,103 units as against 14,701 units during the same period, showing a positive sales growth of 10 per cent year-on-year.
The Alto entry-level hatchback was the fourth best-selling hatchback in India last month as it clocked 13,790 units as against 12,513 units in June 2021, registering a 10 per cent growth in annual sales. The Hyundai Grand i10 Nios stood at the fifth position with 8,992 units as against 8,787 units during the same period last year.
This has resulted in an increase of 2 per cent year-on-year sales. In the second part of the table, Maruti Suzuki Celerio posted a cumulative domestic tally of 8,683 units as against 752 units in June 2021, a year-on-year growth of 1055 per cent. The second generation Celerio, which was introduced at the end of last year, has received good response among the customers.
The Hyundai i20 premium hatchback stood at the seventh position with sales of 7,921 units, a growth of 25 per cent in 2021 against 6,333 units during the same period. One of its main rivals, Tata Altroz, registered a total of 5,366 units as against 6,350 units in June 2021, showing a negative YoY growth of 15 per cent.
The Tata Tiago compact hatchback managed a total of 5,310 units as against 4,881 units, a growth of 9 per cent year-on-year, while the Maruti Suzuki Ignis stood at the tenth position with 4,960 units as against 3,583 units in June 2021, the year in which – An increase of 38 percent year-on-year. ,